The Salesforce Product Developer is a top technical role that requires significant energy, technical excellence, proven technical leadership and professional verbal and written communication skills. Provides software for design, development and maintenance of applications for new and enhanced products. Performs hands on development demonstrating coding and technology best practices using industry recognized software toolsets.
- Contributes toward the architecture principles, design standards, and coding best practices for actionHub software development.
- Envisions product goals, product architectural solutions, and focuses on details and tasks to ensure successful development.
- Performs hands on development demonstrating highly efficient coding capabilities and industry best practices using multiple software applications.
- Works independently and handles multiple deadline-driven product priorities simultaneously; proactively addresses potential deadline risks posed by technical challenges in all stages of product development.
- Articulates complex problems through application architecture artifacts and detail design documentation communicating viable architecture and design approaches in a clear and concise manner while ensuring the solution fits within the actionHub product architecture.
- Constructs automated tests using standard testing frameworks engineers in the best practices for test driven development techniques.
- Enhances and matures Agile software development lifecycle by applying industry best practices and processes.
- Identifies inefficiencies in quality, processes and systems; recommends and implements solutions through a continuous improvement mentality.
- Complies with all security policies and procedures, to ensure that the highest level of system and data confidentiality, integrity and availability is maintained.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with reliable diagnostic methods.
- Technical expert with several years of experience leading architecture definition, detail designs, testing, and development.
- Expert level in the following:
- Salesforce Apex and Visualforce
- Integration standards: SOAP, REST, XML, JSON
- Authentication methods: Basic, OAuth, etc.
- Abstract programming techniques: interfaces, inheritance, etc.
- Agile software development philosophy and methods including Scrum, Test Driven Development and automated software testing (unit, integration and functional)
- Experience with:
- SSL certificates.
- Troubleshooting network connectivity issues between cloud and on-premise applications.
- Enterprise Software Applications: ServiceNOW, JIRA, TFS, Solarwinds, SCOM, SCOrch, etc.
- Windows and Linux server environments.
- .net and/or java experience a plus.
- Strong web services skills (RESTful and Soap web service) preferred.
- Knowledge of scientific approach to problem solving on various cloud technologies is a plus.
- Solid background in Salesforce design and architecture and developing/implementing enterprise software applications strongly preferred.