BMC Helix Remedyforce Summer ’19 Review
By Kedar Zavar, Architect, Cloudaction
BMC Helix Remedyforce Summer ’19 release offers us some great new features. Here’s an at-a-glance list at enhancements at a glance, followed by a brief look at my favorite Summer ’19 enhancements.
My Summer ’19 favs
- Easily see attachments on Console with new attachment icon, including “see all” button.
- Ability to see and link Configuration Items and Services in Activity Feed on Remedyforce Console.
- Service request forms now have two-column layout feature.
- “On behalf of” renamed “Request for” and better located for improved visibility.
- Ability to assign different account/profiles or permission sets (e.g., for specific departments like HR, IT, Facilities) in Self Service.
- Bold, more visible attachments indicator in Self Service.
- Reduced clutter in Self Service via dynamic field rendering on incident form, with more interactivity.
- Categories displayed as tiles for Service Catalog, with images and descriptions.
- Broadcast messages displayed in message scroll format replacing previous marquee-style text scroll.
- Print and print to PDF option available in Salesforce Lightning from Remedyforce Console.
- Advanced search for CIs from Configuration Item lookup fields.
- Simultaneously add or delete multiple relationships from CMDB.
- Add CI lookup filter on CMDB similar to lookup fillers on Console.
- Option to filter based on classes within CMDB Explorer.
- Rule definition to identify field source priority.
- Update up to 200 records in CMDB multiple instance editor.
- Enhanced service request definitions on Console based on accounts, profiles or permission sets.
- Auto-categorization by cognitive Helix service based on confidence score. E.g., incidents created without category can be assigned based on description. Also shows suggestions to staff based on cognitive service.
- Ability to filter unwanted email signatures by name or size.
If you have any questions about incorporating these hot new Summer ’19 features into your work processes, contact us today.
- Add a flag to show attachment exists on the record
- Self Service 3.0 – icons on categories
Filtering of attachments from emails
- Extend lookup filters for console to include CMDB (base element)
Remedyforce Self Service 3.0 – Display category Description
- Self Service 3.0 – Two Column Support
Ability to Segregate Access to Service Requests in the Remedyforce Console
- Broadcast; Include an option for a static ticker message
- Title: Admin should be able to track total time spent by each vendor (based on Queue as owner) till ticket closes
- TrueSight – RemedyForce integration:Passing additional parameters
- The Print and Print to PDF options are not present in the Lightning Experience in Remedyforce.
- Action History – Update Approval Information action description to state “Rejected” when an Approval has been Rejected by Staff