Cloudaction Delivers AIOps-Powered IT Operations Monitoring Project for Major U.S. Bank
TULSA, Okla., and PUNE, India – Cloudaction recently delivered a large-scale TrueSight Operations Management (TSOM) implementation project for a major U.S. financial institution. The project, which Cloudaction completed on time and on budget, enabled the bank to deploy digital innovations such as machine learning, advanced analytics, and intelligent automation. These tools provide the continuous AI-driven monitoring across IT operations that is essential for digital transformation, according to Gartner.
The bank is a recognized leader in the U.S. financial services industry. Moody’s named it one of America’s safest banks, and Forbes magazine regularly cites it as one of the country’s best financial institutions. The project involved migrating the bank from their current infrastructure monitoring solution as well as integrating TSOM with their existing BMC Helix ITSM solution.
TSOM, the industry-leading IT operations monitoring solution from BMC Software, delivers end-to-end performance monitoring and event management. It uses AIOps (Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations) to dynamically learn behavior, correlate, analyze, and prioritize event data so IT operations teams can predict, find and fix issues faster.
“Our customer sees IT as an important value generator, and IT alignment with the business is an absolute necessity,” said Cloudaction President and Co-Founder Samir Kumar. “Holistic monitoring of their IT infrastructure and application health is key to their business strategy. To that end, they selected TrueSight Operations Management, which is a category leader in today’s AI-driven performance monitoring and event management software.”
Cloudaction implemented and configured TSOM to deliver a unified platform for monitoring and incident management that provides the bank with:
- Intelligent alerting using machine learning to reduce help desk “noise”
- Faster diagnosis and quicker MTTR through automated probable cause analysis
- Automatic ticketing for all significant incidents
- Ability to link all incident tickets to configuration items (CIs)
- Proactive incident management
- Dynamic thresholds that adapt to daily, weekly and seasonal patterns
- Service context to link Cis to business services for incident prioritization
The bank chose Cloudaction, a BMC Certified Partner and IT automation expert, to manage the project end-to-end, including requirements gathering, design, installation and configuration, user training and knowledge transfer, and post-go live support.
Cloudaction employed an outcome-based approach built on client-defined use cases aligned with TSOM capabilities, including:
- Windows and UNIX server monitoring (local and remote)
- Hyper-V virtual infrastructure monitoring
- Duplicate events suppression
- Enriching events
- Suppressing events during schedule maintenance
- Identification and requirements for third-party monitoring data integrations
- Analytics-based monitoring
- Application and service modeling
- Automated incident ticketing in BMC Remedy
- Linking incident in CIs to Remedy CMDB
- Linking incident to impacted services
- Probably cause analysis and presentation layer
- Sorting and filtering of event displays
- Automated remediation
- TSOM reports and dashboards
- Integration with legacy Nutanix and Riverbed tools
“This project enables our customer to transition from reactive to proactive response to IT infrastructure and operations issues,” Kumar said. “They are now well on their way in their digital business transformation journey.”
About Cloudaction, LLC
Cloudaction helps organizations increase the business value of cloud automation. We implement, optimize, and support the market-leading SaaS business applications and IT automation solutions driving digital transformation. Headquartered in Tulsa, Okla., and with a world-class global delivery center based in India, we serve customers in the Americas, Europe, South Asia, and Australia. From pre-implementation planning to post go-live support, Cloudaction makes the cloud work better. Learn more at www.cloudaction.com.