We help you calibrate IT capabilities to take the guessing out of resource planning.
TrueSight Capacity Optimization
Cloudaction collaborates with you so that your TrueSight Capacity Optimization solution provides maximum visibility into your entire IT infrastructure – physical, virtual, containers, and cloud resources – and how all components are performing.
Optimize resource usage. Reduce costs. Avert service disruptions.
TrueSight Capacity Optimization gives you the deep insights you need to balance IT resources with application and service demands. It allows you to make resource adjustments as needed, as well as reserve resources for new applications and services. This knowledge enables you to calibrate computing, network, and storage assets to current and anticipated business needs.
TrueSight Capacity Optimization provides sophisticated IT modeling and forecasting tools that can transform your IT infrastructure. The trick is to find a consulting partner with technical know-how and 100% commitment to your success.
Align IT resources with data-driven confidence.
Transforming your IT infrastructure depends on having a clear picture of how you’re performing day to day. TrueSight Capacity Optimization helps you identify weaknesses in your IT operations and gives you the insights you need to scale up and down as business needs change. Cloudaction can help.
More about TrueSight Capacity Optimization*
TSCO is a capacity management solution that gives you the insight to optimize the use of the IT resources that you already have and to plan for new ones.
TSCO collects and analyzes the capacity data and core metrics for CPU, memory, and storage, and provides recommendations for optimizing them.
With TSCO, you can model future resource needs and predict what IT resources you will need. The IT infrastructure includes physical, virtual, containers, private cloud, and public clouds.
TSCO provides the following key capabilities:
Gain visibility into resource capacity, utilization, and utilization trends. Use the infrastructure data that is collected to understand the usage and performance of your infrastructure elements, determine whether the infrastructure elements are used optimally and efficiently or are at risk, and plan for future capacity needs.
- Use out-of-the-box capacity views to gain visibility into your infrastructure resources.
- View the usage and availability of all infrastructure resources - on-premises and public cloud.
- Define customized views as per your requirements.
- Use out-of-the-box reports to keep the stakeholders informed about capacity issues.
- Generate on-demand, scheduled, and by-exception reports in different formats, including HTML, PDF, RTF, XLS and PPT.
- Automatically publish or send the reports through emails.
- Gain cost visibility through chargeback reports.
- Use investigate studies to view capacity and performance data of systems in near real time.
- Perform ad hoc troubleshooting and root-cause analysis for problems on a specific system.
Identify and avoid risks such as immediate resource saturation or upcoming resource saturation (for example, in the next 30 days).
Risk identification and management
- Review and analyze the out-of-the-box recommendations to detect and resolve capacity risk issues.
Identify issues that affect efficiency and resolve them (e.g., idle VMs, overallocated VMs, etc).
- Review and analyze the out-of-the-box recommendations for rightsizing overallocated resources based on usage patterns.
Unused resource management
- Review and analyze the out-of-the-box recommendations for managing the unused resources (e.g., idle VMs).
Automated VM placement recommendations
- Create virtualization studies to determine the best use of resource capacity with automated placement recommendations for new or increased VMs.
Predict the infrastructure needs, estimate whether the existing infrastructure is adequate to meet the current and future demands, and plan for the new infrastructure.
Forecasting and modeling
- Perform "what if" analysis to predict the resource needs of systems and business drivers.
- Reserve resources for upcoming application releases.
- Schedule the release of resources as applications are decommissioned.
- Use the virtualization study results to determine the best placement of new workloads based on resource needs, performance requirements, and available capacity.