A retail energy company maximized its Salesforce investment by migrating a customer care application developed in .NET to the Salesforce platform. Cloudaction recreated the app using Service Cloud and MuleSoft integrations, enabling the company’s agents to retain the business-critical functionality demanded by its customer-first strategic vision.
With over $2 billion in annual revenue, this retail energy company provides electricity and natural gas commodities, as well as energy-efficient and renewable energy solutions, to residential and commercial customers in the United States and Canada.
The company’s mission is to provide exceptional service and support for its customers. A key cog in meeting this mission is a legacy application that supports contract and customer maintenance processes. This core app, originally developed in .NET, was used by customer service agents to support interactions with customers, enabling them to accommodate an array of service requests, such as updating contact information, performing transfers of service, and managing communication preferences. The company, which has been consolidating its applications and work automation on the Salesforce platform, wished to retire its legacy .NET contract and customer maintenance app and then reharmonize those processes on Salesforce.
The company engaged Cloudaction to lead the Salesforce custom development and migration effort. Cloudaction successfully completed the project on a fixed-price contract with an aggressive deadline. Cloudaction:
- First, ensured our development methodology was precisely aligned with the customer’s internal development processes.
- Recreated the contract and customer maintenance app on Service Cloud, replicating all existing functionality in the retired .NET system.
- Used the MuleSoft platform to integrate and synchronize the app with the existing customer database.
- Built a new Apex callout to support automated contact updates.
- Provided training and knowledge transfer for the customer’s IT and operations personnel responsible for managing the app and providing user support.
For a detailed discussion on the technical wizardry behind this solution, and how Cloudaction’s Salesforce custom development expertise can keep your organization moving forward, contact us today.